Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Music

For the music I was always set on the same song: "Tonada De Luna Llena" by Simon Diaz. I chose this song for many different reasons. First of all Simon Diaz. 

Simon Diaz is a singer and composer of Venezuelan music, whose work is regarded as one of the most important legacies for both Venezuelan and Latin American popular music. He has a unique essence that identifies with the simplicity of Latin America's culture and views. Whenever I would travel through Venezuela whether it was to beautiful beaches, deserts, or plains, my dad would always put his songs on and I remember just being fascinated by them. They have a sort of nostalgia in them. His songs are usually about ordinary lifes in the rural atmosphere. Sometimes he would turn folkloric legends into songs, complying with their oral tradition. Adding his song as the soundtrack was like adding a piece of me to it. 


His song, "Tonada De Luna Llena" ties perfectly with the theme of my movie. The melody of the song and the whistle gives a mysterious undertone that I think would grab the viewers attention. The lyrics of the song is very poetic. It talks about the hardships the man is enduring in his love life, work life, family life and how the moon is always there watching over everything. The below sound adds to the myth theme of the story as well. This is definitely the song I want to use, and now I need to begin the process of acquiring the rights of the song.



"Simon Diaz." SIMON DIAZ. N.p., n.d. Web. Apr. 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment